OVERVIEW OF THE STUDIES
It is always difficult to please everyone when designing a study. Some will want a simple approach, while others are looking for something more meaty.
As a result these studies have been designed to cater for the
The five weeks include:
a. Accepting the realities of temptation
b. Why it is difficult to be a disciple
c. Acceptance of people different from ourselves
d. How to avoid Christian blindness
e. Living a resurrected life in a secular world
2. Short preparation each week for participants
3. An opportunity to care for each other during and after the studies have been completed (See page 3)
4. Each study provides an icebreaker to get to know one another better.
5. A time of reflection and discussion is provided on each weeks prayer. This is designed in the hope the prayer will be more meaningful.
6. An opportunity is given at the back of the book to report back to the parish, information that a group feels is important.
7. There is a section for those wishing to go deeper into the topic.
8. Where the Leader needs to prepare something for the following
week, suggestions are provided on
9. Items and graphics that could be used in the pewsheet or parish paper.
Any group that would like to offer comments about the preparation of this study or suggestions for improvement, their comments would be valued should they take the time to put pen to paper. Maybe you would prefer to go all modern, and Email your response.
Remember that at anytime during the five week home group you would prefer not to comment, then all you need to say is "Pass", and the leader knows not to ask you on that question.